Friday, October 22, 2010

a whole lotta everything.....


I don't know about you guys, but for me it never seems like there is enough time in the day to get everything done that I want to!  I feel as if everything I'm working on is in an eternal state of in progress!  Just is case you were wondering I have a day job.  I am the manager of a very cute designer shoe boutique.  While I LOVE the job it is not something I want to do indefinitely, which is one of the reasons I started this blog. 
 I am an artist / designer at heart!  
I started reading design and DIY blogs about a year ago and I just couldn't seem to get enough of them!  There are so many talented ladies out there!  I always feel inspired and motivated after I do the rounds of the blogs on my reading list.  


One of the artsy things I do is create custom artwork, some of the ones I was going to share today were designs I did for invitations to boutique events!








This one was always one of my favorites!














please excuse the poor images I took them with my phone and edited out the text that was added

I've done custom work for stores as well as individuals and have so much fun doing this kinda stuff!  I just recently did the custom artwork for a VIP event to the Port Warwick Art Festival!  If you want to read about the Festival you can do that here!  I'm also currently  working on another  design for an upcoming event! 








So I recently shared with you all this image of several fabrics I had ordered.


Were you wondering what I had done with some of the fabrics?  Well I'm finally going to share with you one of the things I finished recently.























I love this black an white trellis fabric!   








I made the cording out of some left over silk I had from this Ottoman.   The rope for the cording I had left over from earlier this spring when I taught  myself how to make a custom slipcover for my couch!  I may share that with you all later on!  Anyway I loved the shade of green twill I did for the back side.  It's perfect for my bedroom.  Just to let you know, I was going to take pictures of this pillow where it normally resides on my bed, BUT my bedroom is a FLYING MESS!  I wasn't sure you all wanted to see that.  I reference what I said above about there not being enough hours in the day to get everything done.  Some days it's either tidy up or projects.  And I would MUCH rather work on projects!!!
  
I did receive the rest of my fabric today!  I really am excited about it!









I'm really hoping to get to these projects this weekend!  
So don't forget to follow me to keep up to date with it all!




1 comment:

  1. I love the yellow and black combination.I have ordered oillows in this combination for the family room.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Thanks for reading!

~xoxo a blonde ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...