Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Touch Of Fall



I don't usually decorate for fall, but this year I really wanted to add just a hint of the season to my apartment.  So I headed to Trader Joe's to pick up some mini pumpkins and gourds, then off to Home Depot to get my favorite spray paint.  








I set up a box and painters tarp to create a little spray box on my back patio.  It worked great until I forgot to pin down one corner and a gust of wind blew the plastic onto my wet gourds.  Only two of them  were messed up a little, but I came up with a solution to cover that up! 


















The ones that didn't come out so perfect got a little makeover with this gorgeous platinum colored German Glass Glitter!  Makes them look a little christmas, but hey you can never have too much sparkle in your life!











 They got a once over with a spray adhesive then a good sprinkling of the pretty stuff!




I set them out on one of my favorite pedestal plates, added a sparkly candle and they became the new little decorations on my coffee table.  We usually hang out here the most so its the perfect place to enjoy my little fall festives!


Don't you think they are very Jonathan Adler-esque?







 



















































This is what has been on my coffee table ......






I found those cute little birds at TjMaxx for only $3.00!  LOVE them!  So happy and cute!  
Did you notice the stack of DIY Magazines, I have every one since they started, and most of the other similar BHG mags, like Storage and Flea Market Finds.  I always grab them as soon as I see them out on the news stand!  I really should just get a subscription to all of them!  Save some money!

I finally got my UPS tracking number for the fabric I ordered, should be here at the end of the week!  I'm so excited!  Lots of new projects to come!
SO
Don't forget to follow me!

7 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to have to do this project, it looks so cute for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute! Glitter is certainly underrated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you over at CentsationalGirl. Your another talented miss! They look wicked love me a bit of halloween styling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Melissa! There is DEFINITELY something to be said about glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya, Send me some pics when you get yours done! would Love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Michelle! I do love seeing what Centsational girl is up to! Keep checking back to see updates on all my projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley - (I might be commenting twice, my internet froze while sending the last one). These are beautiful! The only thing better than white pumpkins is white sparkly pumpkins! Thanks so much for sharing in the DIY Fall Festival!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Thanks for reading!

~xoxo a blonde ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...