Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Glamorous Holiday Wreath!!!



I finally finished my DIY Glamorous Holiday Wreath!  It took me a few days, and several trips to every craft store in the area, but I did it!  I also managed to wipe out every  little square mirror in three cities!  Well it was definitely worth it, and will be a new favorite wreath for years to come!

Here's how she went together!

I bought a 16" styrofoam wreath at Michael's, and laid out all my little mirrors first so I could make sure that the placement on the ring would work.  I initially was only going to mirror the top and had plenty of little mirrors for that, but I decided to keep going, and thats when I ran into a problem finding more mirrors!


I then used a mosaic glue to hold them down.....that had to dry for 5-7 hours before I grouted the ring!  Long wait time!


Here she is just about done, what you can't see is that I ran out of my smaller mirrors on the other side!
This was all after searching for them in three stores!  I didn't know each store was only going to carry two or three packs of the things!  But I made one more trip, found some mirrors, finished up the grout, and here is the finished piece!



























I LOVE how it turned out!!  I can't wait to get our tree this weekend and see it surrounded by all the Christmas stuff!  We only put up a real tree and I wanted to wait an extra week to get it this year as it is usually just about dead by Christmas, when I get in Thanksgiving weekend.  So next weekend will be a BIG decorating time for me!  I can't wait!  I've pulled down all my Christmas boxes, and have put a few things out, but really the tree is what usually starts me every year, so I like to wait for that!  I will post pictures of the goodies when I get them all up and out, and of the finally home for my new wreath!  I'm thinking it will look gorgeous under a swag of greenery! 

How about you guys, are you all ready for Christmas, or are you like me, just getting started?


Oh PLEASE keep voting for my Anthropologie Inspired Ornament, in BHG's contest!
Go HERE to vote!
There is no submit button, just hit enter!
Thank you!



Visit thecsiproject.com


52 comments:

  1. This is so cute and I love that you did the sides! Sounds like it was the never ending project-- I've had a few of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I love your super cute n' chic wreath! It totally looks expensive. I forwarded your contact information onto CSN. Sean should be in touch for you to claim your prize.

    Happy Holidays!

    jane
    FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great! I love how the light reflects off the mirrors and makes that cool effect on your wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! This is absolutely fabulous! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. I just tweeted about this! http://twitter.com/#!/Arianna_Belle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats awesome..i would hang it on my door... :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. simple classy and gorgeous! how beautiful is that?!

    www.ThePantryDrawer.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and simple wreath :D Again, I'd love it if you shared this on my holiday link share: http://bit.ly/h0FA83 I think a lot of people would appreciate it.

    I'll be back for more :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's fabulous! Mind if I share it on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I love how the light reflects off it! What kind of grout did you use? And did you just do it like any old tile?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys are so nice!
    Sure Karen, I would love for you to share it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so stunning and functional...change out the bow, and voila, a wreath for all holidays and seasons...

    Pretty please link this up with Creative Juice Thursdays @

    http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sure is glamorous! Not to mention elegant! Very well done! Enjoy the rest of the week, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute idea! I'm excited to see the rest of your Christmas decor!

    Aloha,
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I featured your wreath today on my blog and Facebook page-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nicely done! Love the reflection design on the wall! May have to share this over on my FB blog community page! (wink)

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is AWESOME!! I want to buy some!!! How cool.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks absolutely amazing! I don't think I've seen anything like it before!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd also love to know what kind of grout you used, and if you had any issues (getting it to adhere to the foam, not scratching the mirrors, etc.). Such a cool idea, and a beautiful outcome!

    xoxo,
    Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tanja, I used a basic grout from Michael's. It came in a bag, very easy to use! I don't have the brand at the moment, I will try to get it for you. I also didn't have any problems getting it to stick to the styrofoam! As for it scratching the mirrors, no problems with that either, I imagine a sanded grout may, I used a non-sanded.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for posting this! I featured you this week on TALENT TUESDAY! I hope you link up again!


    Nichelle
    http://vintagewannabee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous! About how many mirrors/packs of mirrors did it take?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous! Love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an awesome idea! I am your newest follower! Please follow me at http://CraftyCierra.blogspot.com/ and dont forget to enter my giveaway for a fun Christmas Activity Book! If you are interested in doing a blogswap, please email me! CierraLarsen@hotmail.com Thanks!

    /Cierra

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it, it's beautiful! I want to make one now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is gorgeous! At lot of patience obviously went into making it beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the way it shines...Christmas lights from the tree will make it even more special! Great wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is stunning! It turned out absolutely gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I absolutely LOVE this wreath! I would be thrilled if you would link up to our 12 Days of Christmas Show-Off!
    http://www.whipperberry.com/2010/12/12-days-of-christmas-show-off-linky.html
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Too cute and love the reflections on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is beautiful! I love sparkly things!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulosity!!!! You know I love me some shiny mirrored bling, fantastic idea!!!

    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful! Love the clean lines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. So cute!!! I love how the light reflects off of it! beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, great job! I love add a little glitz to the holidays and I love how it reflects the light.

    ReplyDelete
  36. i LOVE this wreath...If I made this it might never come off of my front door! come on over and link up to MMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very elegant wreath!! It's quite stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your wreath is over-the-top FAB-U-LOUS!!! I can see this in a sassy girl's bedroom. Thanks for sharing!
    God's blessings,
    Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete
  39. i'll be featuring this on friday!! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ashley, this is gorgeous! I found you thru the link party on Tater Tots and Jello. This is so glam and fabulous, and I too know the feeling of stores never having enough of what you need in stock. I'm new to blogging, I'd love if you'd stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Thanks for reading!

~xoxo a blonde ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...