Thursday, November 3, 2011

It was soooo a Monday.....

Do you ever have one of those days, where basically nothing goes right?!
That's exactly how my Monday started off!
Weeellll I guess everything didn't go wrong, but it was still a crummy day, however it did manage to turn out all right in the end!
So what started my day off so poorly you ask?  Well I somehow managed, and I'm not even exactly sure how I even did it,  but I sliced more than half my fingernail and a good chunk of skin off a finger with a razor!  
Yup!  Gross I know!
So my morning basically started off with blood dripping down my arm while I'm running around trying to find the band aids and other supplies.  I won't go into the gruesome details, but lets just say it was not a pretty site!
On top of all that I couldn't even blow dry my hair!  Mainly because at that point my hand hurt to bad, I couldn't maneuver my blow dryer to dry my hair!  Ok, this may not sound like the worst thing in the world, but seriously how much can a girl take, I mean if my hand gets mauled I at least want my hair to look good throughout the day!
So them I'm thinking, well if I HAVE to have a bad hair day, AND my hand has been mauled,  then I at least  need to stop at Starbucks and get a little caffeine pick up!   
Well lets just say, that was also a no go for that morning.  I had spent so much time looking for first aid supplies and attempting to style my hair ( which actually could have made it worse) that I was now running late for work.
I know!  How much can a girl take!
Hehe,  anyway that was my morning,  and  don't judge me for adding not being able to get a Starbucks to my  
list of woes, it was really my mangled finger that ruined my morning.  It's just after that I REALLY needed a peppermint mocha to perk me up!
Well like I said it was sooooo a Monday....
However my day did get better, after work I ran over to my sister go take my nephews trick or treating!
Nothing will perk you up like two little boys all dressed up!
AND Josh had a nice big peppermint mocha waiting for me to sip while we walked around the neighborhood!
While I left my camera at home due to my crazy morning,  I did manage to snap a few photos with  my iphone!
My other nephew had already been sent upstairs to get ready for school the next day, so I only have photos of the wee one!

I wore a fabulous sparkly mask and feather boa to walk around with the nephews!

The wee one was the cutest little dinosaur! 

But I'm not sure he knew what to do with me in my mask!

This is the third Halloween costume I've sewn for Josh!  And, no....I have no idea what face he is making....the man can not just smile in a photo!  Love you babe!

This was the best part of my day, I did tell you it perked up!

Isn't that just the cutest thing ever!

My day did turn around and had a wonderful end!  But you will have to forgive me if the post are a little lite the next few days.  My bandaged finger has made typing near impossible, just this post has taken several hours to type!

So I hope you all had a better start to your week, and a fun and festive Halloween!
Did you stay in a hand out candy, or take some little ones out to enjoy the fun?!
I want to hear all about your Halloween adventures!


1 comment:

  1. OMG, your nephew is soooo adorable in that little costume. Babies have a way of making us forget about our troubles-and our bad hair days.


I'd love to know what you think! Thanks for reading!

~xoxo a blonde ~


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...