Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


Ok, now I'm singing that song in my head!  Are you?

I realize for some of you it may be a bit early to even start thinking about  putting out  the Christmas decor, but I have a little confessions to make.....
I have!
No, we haven't put up our tree...yet, but that's only because we always use a live tree!  AND I admit it is a little early for that if I want my tree to last till after Christmas!  When we have a place big enough to do TWO trees, one live and one fake, I will be putting the fake tree up around this time each year!  Don't judge me for wanting Christmas to be out before Thanksgiving,  I just can't help loving things that sparkle!!
Here are a few little things I have started to put out....



I've added these great sparkly gold balls to my Zgallerie elephant!  I found them at Pier 1 for just $1.50 apiece!  I wish the camera did a better job of picking up all the shimmer on them! They look fantastic with my DIY Gold Leaf Lamps!


I've also started sprinkling some mercury glass around the space.   Do you think I have a thing for metallics?!?



I found this piece sign fingers at Tjmaxx,  it reminded me of a Jonathan Adler piece I've seen,  but at $7.99 it is  a much more reasonable price  for something so trendy!  It just makes me happy to look at it, so it wasn't put away when I brought out the mercury glass!





















While all this mercury glass is part of my Holiday decorations, it's not TOO Christmasy looking the way I have it displayed now.  I'll be adding some tinkle lights, candles, ornaments, and/or fresh garland to the whole thing as it gets closer to the Holidays!  I never quite know what I'm going to do until I'm knee deep in the Holiday decor! 
So what about you, have you been itching to add some Christmas decor to your space?!  Or can you not stand seeing anything out until after Thanksgiving has had it's turn!?  Either way is just fine by me!  I just can't help myself though, I love the sparkle!

Don't forget to enter my Shabby Apple Giveaway!!

signature

23 comments:

  1. Your mercury glass is gaw-geous!!! If I had some I'd totally have it out now/all the time :D I haven't decorated yet, but with all the inspiration on pinterest and seeing your pretties I'm itching to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i like the idea of transitioning into Christmas. Your decorations are just lovely - I'd enjoy looking at them year round!
    xoxo
    cat
    aka
    budget blonde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love mercury glass. I just picked up some small gold mercury glass votives at Target and I cant wait to put them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kind of obsessed with mercury glass right now. It's not just you! I'm seeing it everywhere too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the metallics... Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your additions are perfect and don't seem too "holiday" that it's rushing the season. Mercury glass is beautiful year round, I've been adding new pieces lately-TJ Maxx is a great source for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's definitely not too Christmasy. It just looks chic. I am now totally obsessed with your gold diy lamps. They are STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your decor! Very chic :)
    Visiting from Serenity Now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's beautiful! I love the mercury glass finial - it looks like an old fashioned tree topper. :)

    I've started crafting/planning my Christmas decor, but nothing is up yet. I usually do it the day after Thanksgiving. Once I get home from shopping, I put on some cozy jammies, crank up the Christmas tunes, break out the leftovers and turn into a decorating fool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like a fish - I love all things shiny! Looks amazing year round but so sophisticated for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like a fish, I love all things shiny! A great sophisticated touch for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. im obsessed with your elephant! :) so versatile that it can be used all year round..

    xx, zhing

    ReplyDelete
  13. we always get a live tree too
    but i'm definitely started to feel
    the urge to bling out my home in all things christmas

    love the mercury glass
    and other bits of sparkle
    that your sprinkling around your space

    and thanks for sharing at fridays unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's never too early for Christmas in my book Ashley... love what you have done already.
    I’d love for you to come link this up at my Simply Christmas Inspiration party at http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm ready for Christmas! Well, not "ready" but in the holiday spirit. I love the combo of white with sparkly mercury glass! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow. i'm so glad i found your blog! love your style. can't wait to go through old posts and see what you come up with next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello :) I'm just stopping over from Life Made Lovely linkup and I love your decorations so far! I have all of my Christmas stuff sitting in bins in my living room but haven't actually put most of it up yet.

    I'm glad someone else is as excited to decorate as I am!

    Have a great day!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely vignette! I'm still refusing to get into Xmas mood, but I think I won't avoid it for longer... Wish U a great week! XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your Z Gallerie elephant! I'm totally putting my tree up tomorrow! I can't handle it anymore lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I now have It's beginning to look a lot liek Christmas STUCK in my head.. lol.. I LOVE your display, I am really ready to decorate for Christmas now : )) Fantastic features.. :)) So festive and beautiful.. Would you mind stopping in and sharing this beautiful feature via my Pin'Inspirational Thursday today pweease..? - http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/pininspirational-thursday.html?showComment=1321535759139#c4369347790891140246 Thanks so much.. Wishing you a FAB Thursday... TY

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just bought some mercury glass pieces at Pottery Barn and love the sparkle of them! Love your pillows and art work, so unique and eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  22. VERY pretty! THANKS girl so much for linkin up with us! We are featuring you tomorrow on our blog so stop by and grab a featured button and get your brag on :)

    Hope to see more of your awesome ideas over on our blog :)

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. So you know I love everything you do. The elephant is totally cool. Recent purchase? I will be googling. :) The mercury glass is always great. I love anything that shines and sparkles. ... like a big old diamond. :0 As for the lamps, I die. If you did those yourself you need to quit your day job and become a lamp designer. Thanks for linking up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful. Have a great week.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Thanks for reading!

~xoxo a blonde ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...