Wednesday, October 26, 2011

West Elm Pillows



One of the quickest ways to give a living room a fresh new look, is as simple as swapping out the sofa pillows.   Since we updated the living room this past year with a brand new white sofa, I have been on the hunt for some fabulous pillows to liven things up a bit!


   
This picture was taken right after we made the switch from the old sofa to our new friend Karl.
While I like the pillows on the sofa they really were never intended to stay there.  I originally bought the black and white pillows from Pottery Barn for a bench in my bedroom.   However,  when we bought the sofa  I just felt with all the white in the room it needed just a little something!  Just because I don't think I've ever mentioned it before, our current apartment does not allow us to paint!  Yikes!  I know, isn't that awful!  Mainly because I love the look of dark wall with all white furniture!  That's my dream, gorgeously painted walls, dark wood floor and white furniture! Ah well, a girl can dream can't she?!   Anyway, just thought I'd share one of the reasons I needed to get more color in the room!  
Anywhoooo, now that I've gotten off topic a little bit, I have been meaning to swap out the pillows for the longest time. 

  The black and white pillows haven't been completely on there own, you can tell in the above photo,  I've added a few new navy a turquoise pillows to brighten everything up.  
Are you wondering where this is all going?!?  Well I popped on over to West Elm's website yesterday and found out they were having a pillow sale! Yay!
 I think I found the perfect pillows to finally replace the black and white ones!

Here's what I ordered!





I think both of these are going to look perfect with my navy and turquoise pillows I already have!

I am thinking about getting one last pillow to tie it all together!


I love adding different metallic's to my living spaces,  I guess you can say I have a thing for shiny things!
So what do you all think,  should I go for the last pillow to finish the look, or is that silvery grey just not your thing?!
signature

2 comments:

  1. I saw those on West Elm's website and loved them. What a great choice! I love the silver and gold one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just in West Elm yesterday and they had great decorate pillows for only $5 on clearance. I find going in the store you find crazy good deals compared to the web site...just thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Thanks for reading!

~xoxo a blonde ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...