Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Lovely Little Weekend.....errrhhh...kinda....




What a weekend!!!  I sincerely hope all of you on the East Cost made it through everything that Irene brought with her!  Thank goodness it was not as bad as was first predicted!  I'm grateful that in the 12 or so hours leading up to landfall in North Carolina, Irene decided to downgrade herself from a CAT 3 to a CAT 1! 
We made it through the weekend just fine, with no damage to the apartment or either of our cars!  Honestly we are pretty lucky I've seen some insane pictures of some downed trees.  
Anyway we have just now gotten our internet back up and working, our power thankfully was only out on Saturday!  I couldn't believe when it came back on so soon!  Seriously I may have jumped out of my seat, it made going through the rest of the storm a bit easier....the wind and rain was insanely crazy that night!  I don't think I have any nails left on my fingers, and I'm NOT a nail biter!

With the power out, we tried to kill time play cards....ohh yeah....we played Go Fish!


I'm just glad we had a few decks of cards on hand from a friend's recent wedding!



We ran out in our pj's the next morning to see how everything was!  As you can see, we are very happy all that wind was over!!

I hope you all had a rather uneventful time with Irene as well!!
Did you all get rain?  Crazy Wind?  Did you all loose power??

Since I haven't had internet for a while, I've been working on a little project for the living room!  One that I am super, SUPER excited about!!  It involves TONS of steps, so it's in-progress right now!  No peeks though....I don't want to give anything away!
See you all soon!
signature

3 comments:

  1. Glad all was safe:) Looking forward to seeing your hurricane project. Sometimes we need a natural disaster to boost our creativity..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it through the storm! I love how you have your hair up! How did you do it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ryan!

    Thanks! Well this is my lazy day hairstyle....so basically I just pulled my bangs into a little pouf, gave it a little twist and held it in place with a bobby pin!
    Then the rest is just swept up on the top of my head....a little to the side...into a messy bun! It's super easy, I even do this when it's wet, let it air dry...then when I let it out, it's all gorgeous and wavy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Thanks for reading!

~xoxo a blonde ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...