Monday, May 9, 2011

Faux Bamboo!



First off, let me just say that I think I have failed EPICALLY in posting projects this week! ahhhh!
I can't seem to get back in the swing of things....have I mentioned that I am trying to lose weight and get back into shape?  On top of working a full time job and trying to get my butt back to the gym ( Bonus, I have lost 7 pounds this last month!)  I just haven't been able to motivate myself to post!  
Well.... I may need to make another New Years resolution!  haha!  Can I do that five months into the year?!?!  a quarter year resolution?  Well whatever it's called, I'm going to do my best to be more focused and get stuff done!  .....well at least I'm going to try!

Anyway, I finished this little project a week or so ago and thought I would share it with you all!
  I have had a love affair with faux bamboo furniture for the longest time.  I love these pieces below, they are definitely what inspired this next DIY project! 





Sorry, I don't remember  where these images are from,!
They have been in my inspiration file for a while!
I want everyone of these pieces, but I'm not sure I will ever be able to afford any of them!  Even if I won the lottery I'm not sure I would actually spend the kind of money most of these pieces probably cost!  When I was looking for some, most pieces I liked rang in around $1,000!  Yikes!  I'm too cheap to spend that, even if I LOVE them!
A few weeks ago I ran into my local Goodwill store to see if I could find  an end table for my living room.  No such luck in that department, but I did manage to snag these great faux bamboo frames!  Three of them for $3!  My kind of price to fulfill my faux bamboo love!  If I couldn't find the perfect piece of bamboo furniture then I would have to be satisfied with these great bamboo frames! 


Opps! I already started painting one, so only two of my lovely faux bamboo frames got their pictures taken!





The moment I saw them I knew they would be coming home with me! I also thought that they would look fabulous with a gorgeous shade of turquoise paint, which as it turns out I had just pick up from Lowe's a few days previous!


I popped out the images and got to work!



This low VOC Valspar paint went on like a dream with my Purdy paintbrush, love working with this non-stinky paint!








My original thought was that they would look great above my chalkboard side table, but I really HATED it here! Definitely NOT working for me! 
 Something was just off!  It could be the lampshade and table were just a little too shabby chic for my tastes anymore.   I have plans to replace the lampshade with a gorgeous drum shade of some sort, as well as to replace the table, both are on my list of living room makeover musts!
So for now, because I LOVE them, they will sit atop my Ikea bookcase for me to enjoy looking at in my living room!


I just love the bamboo details!





I'm thinking of painting this lampshade with a chalkboard paint!  


 I love how bright and happy this turquoise paint makes my $3 frames, makes me smile every time I look at them!

28 comments:

  1. OOOOOO! YES! I love them! Great color choice too! Perfect in front of that painting. Great job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look perfect layered in front of the print! Gorgeous color,too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I really like that blue color! Nice job :)

    kaysens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Ashley what a great colour - I love bamboo too, but alas the $$ XX Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you, I LOVE the faux bamboo furniture, but it is pricey. Those frames are so cute. I would be very happy with that purchase : )

    The blue is such a great colour too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. $3 for all of them, what a score, I would have been elbowing people to get to them. LOL! Love the color you painted them-I even like the art that came with them. The turquoise color is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color and the price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work. Totally transformed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so sweet girl. I think it may be that time of year for all of us bloggers. I have been mia for a while too, just so busy this time of year, and I too am desperately trying to lose some weight, get in shape, and be outdoors, enough with being stuck inside already, lol.

    You did a great job with the blue bamboo, I like it girl. Great find!!! Can't wait to see where you end up finding the perfect home for them. :)

    Thanks so much for linking up!!!

    Hugs,

    Hugs,
    Bella :)**AMAZE ME AUGUST** @ Bella Before and After

    ReplyDelete
  10. They turned out great! I'd love for you to come link up at DIY Thrifty Thursday @ http://thrifty101.blogspot.com/2011/05/diy-thrifty-thursday-15.html
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute, i love the bright blue!!

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday! Hope to see ya again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love using to paint to transform something into pure amazingness! lol.. love the color you choose! I'd love if you joined us over at Sew Woodsy to link up your project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Turquoise is my favorite color lately!! And I LOVE buying stuff at the thrift store and redoing. Good find and great color!
    xoxo
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love these frames. My favorite photo is the one with the drippy paint can. I don't know why, but I love it! I am sure you will find the perfect place to hang it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The turquoise is really pretty! And you can't beat $3! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! I have seen those faux bamboo frames at flea markets and always thought they might be good for something. I might have to snatch some up next time I see them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! I have seen those faux bamboo frames at flea markets and always thought they might be good for something. I might have to snatch some up next time I see them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great transformation and placing them in front of the print just makes everything pop! So glad you linked these up to my "BFF" link party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful redo here. The frames are wonderful. And the color you chose is such a bright happy one! Love it
    Stopping by from Momma's Kinda Crafty FF

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the color! Thanks for linking up at the Sassy Sites Free For All party! When you get a chance, come back by and see what we've done for the American Crafter's competition... and maybe vote for us too! *wink*

    xoxo!
    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  21. They look great! And, I totally think you should go for it and paint the lamp shade with chalboard paint. That would look awesome! I'm stopping by from TT&J.

    Heather @ Local Fun for Kids

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the new color! So much better than the old brassy color!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the color you chose, they turned out super cute! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great color choice Ashley, well done! I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. I'm following now. I hope you'll stop by Katherines Corner and say hello and maybe even enter my latest giveaway. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great deal for $3!! Love the color you painted them too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Thanks for reading!

~xoxo a blonde ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...